CCS Jon Chad’s “Leo Geo” Reviewed in Publishers Weekly
“Chad’s inventive vertical artwork acts as a spoonful of sugar to the medicine of geology lessons.”
Read the full review of Leo Geo and His Miraculous Journey Through the Center of the Earth, by CCS faculty member Jon Chad, on the Publishers Weekly website.
Tags: Faculty, Jon Chad, Leo Geo, reviews
Cartoon Studies Alumni Make the Top Minis of 2010
Rob Clough recently listed his top 25 minicomics, and five interesting broadsheets, in his Comics Journal column “High-Low”. Of the 25, eight entries were created by CCS alumni! In addition, Caboose was listed among his broadsheet picks. The alumni comics, and their ratings are:
6. Make: Comics About An Intimate Act edited by Robyn Chapman (CCS Fellow ’06)
13. Courtship of Miss Smith (image above) by Alexis Frederick-Frost (CCS ’07)
14. Nymphonomena edited by Betsey Swardlick, Pat Barrett, Josh Kramer, Ben Horak (all CCS ’11)
15. Annotated #5 by Aaron Cockle (CCS ’08)
16. L’Age Dur by Max De Radigues (CCS Fellow ’10)
19. Freddy: More Stories by Melissa Mendes (CCS ’10)
21. Everyday by Joseph Lambert (CCS ’08)
24. Dance After Dark by Laura Terry (CCS ’10)
Read the complete review on The Comics Journal.
Tags: Alumni, Cartoon Studies, CCS, drawing, minicomics, reviews, Rob Clough, The Comics Journal, Vermont