12 Panel Pitch Challenge
- Boil down a Hollywood formulaic/genre film into 12 story beats
- For each beat write a PANEL that includes a CAPTION, DESCRIPTION of the action, and DIALOGUE. Not every panel may have dialogue or a caption.
- TITLE your story and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries must be received before Friday, December 13, 2013
The 12 Panel Pitch team will select a script and make a comic.
Three Pieces of Advice
- This is an exercise in story structure not nuance; avoid any small, subtle detail that the story turns on.
- Try to use between 12- 20 words per panel or less.
- It’s a visual medium, with limited space to tell your story. Make sure your pictures don’t simply illustrate your text.
Terms and Conditions
The Center for Cartoon Studies cannot acknowledge all submissions.
All submissions become the shared property of the Writer and The Center for Cartoon Studies. By submitting a 12 Panel Pitch, the Writer agrees that a) The Center for Cartoon Studies has the right to shape and edit the work as needed to transform it into a comic b) publish the work online or in print c) that there is no obligation to keep any submission confidential and d) that submitted work is original and the property of the Writer.
The Center for Cartoon Studies is a 501(c) 3 and any profits made from this project will go directly towards student scholarships.
Workshops and classes: The Center for Cartoon Studies can travel to your school or business and conduct day or week-long workshops that covers visual narrative, story structure, cartooning, and 12 Panel Pitch workshops. In addition, CCS also offers a two-year MFA cartooning program and an array of summer classes on our beautiful White River Junction, Vermont campus.
Inquire at email@example.com
Screenwriters or studios: Have your screenplay or project brief transformed into a 12 panel comic or longer graphic work. This is not an inexpensive service. Serious inquiries only.
Inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org